ARCHOS makes Video Player app available for all Android tablets and phones!
Archos Video Player
The critically acclaimed Archos video player app offers an uncompromised multimedia experience.
- Hardware accelerated video decoding support for most devices and video formats;
- Ability to play content from any computer/network storage in your local network (SMB and UPnP) or from an external USB storage device;
- Automatic online retrieval of Movie and TV show information with poster and backdrop for both local and network content;
- Integrated subtitle downloader;
- Network indexing: import remote shared folders (SMB) in your multimedia library;
- Video browsing with either folder or library based navigation;
- Ubiquitous access to TV shows sorted in a series/season/episode hierarchical view;
- Multi-device network video resume;
- TV friendly: Keyboard/remote control compatible.
If you experience any issue with video hardware decoding you can force software decoding in Archos Video Player application settings to watch your video.
What’s in this version : (Updated : Jan 24, 2013)
- Fix a major bug that prevented to read long MP4 files on most devices
- Fix MPEG-2 decoding on tegra2 devices
- Fix HW decoding that had been broken on some devices in 7.1.1 (sorry!)
Required Android O/S : 4.0.3+