Send It Pro
There is one universal method that comes equipped with every single smartphone.. SMS. Not MMS. Good old SMS.
And there is one account almost every single android user has.. a Google Account. Combine the two and you get SendIt.
Why try this over Whatsapp, Email, Bluetooth, AirDroid etc?
Unlike any other application all SendIt requires to work is the recipients phone number. Nothing else. You don’t need an account, they don’t need to have the app, you don’t need to be in the same location, they don’t even need to be on the same platform.
This is how it works:
- You press the share button in ANY app for ANYthing
- You choose the recipient from your contact list
- You add a brief message if you wish, and you press send. That’s it.
Send It takes your file, uploads it to your Google Drive, and sends the recipient an SMS with a shortened download link. Sounds ridiculously simple right? Well, it is.
There is also the option to send the link directly to your clipboard so you can paste it into an email or share it via Twitter etc..
PRO ONLY FEATURES:
- Unlimited file size upload (Free is limited to 10mb)
- Multi contact select – send one file to multiple recipients at once
Feature requests are welcome and as always feedback is MUCH appreciated. Enjoy
- The UI does nothing atm other then show you what is being sent, has been sent and is currently in the queue
- Files downloaded via a send it link have garbled filenames on Android phones – This is an Android limitation, file from those same links have the correct filename on other smartphones as well as PC’s and Mac’s
What’s in this version : (Updated : Jan 27, 2013)
- Improved Google Drive integration
- Added option to add sent sms to your inbox
- Updated Google API to the latest version
- Minor bug fixes